[Aspell-user] CLI flag for non-interactive mode?
Andrew Pennebaker
2014-03-05 18:48:19 UTC
I would like to run aspell over hundreds of files like a linter, reporting
misspellings without prompting for corrections. Could there be a command
line flag to aspell to operate this way? E.g., "check --recursive
<files|directories> --noninteractive" would be convenient.
--
Cheers,

Andrew Pennebaker
www.yellosoft.us
Andrew Pennebaker
2014-03-05 21:20:13 UTC
Ah, I found `aspell -a -c < (YOUR_FILE_HERE)`, and wrapped it in a little
recursive shell script, so you can aspell large projects without having to
write for loops. Meet aspell*lint*!

https://github.com/mcandre/aspelllint

www.yellosoft.us
Carlo Traverso
2014-03-05 22:33:59 UTC
Andrew> I would like to run aspell over hundreds of files like a
Andrew> linter, reporting misspellings without prompting for
Andrew> corrections. Could there be a command line flag to aspell
Andrew> to operate this way? E.g., "check --recursive
Andrew> <files|directories> --noninteractive" would be convenient.

"aspell list" (aspell 6 syntax, it was aspell -l in aspell 5) does
exactly that: gets the input from standard input, and outputs to
standard output the misspelled words, one per line.

Carlo Traverso