[Aspell-user] Format of replacement list
Dan D.
2016-12-01 15:58:17 UTC
Hello,

Is there a way to have the suggested replacement words appear as a vertical
list instead of a white space seperated horizontal list?

I don't see anything in the man page or hlp that would affect this or any
other formatting feature. Am I missing something?

Thanks
XB
Bill Crockett
2016-12-02 01:11:00 UTC
Is there a way to have the suggested replacement words appear as a
vertical list instead of a white space seperated horizontal list?
I don't see anything in the man page or hlp that would affect this or any
other formatting feature. Am I missing something?
Thanks
XB
My list of replacement words are vertical. I am using ASpell - 0.50.3

However, The GNU Aspell has been complied, and I am using ASpell as a
native win32 application. Not sure if it will appear differently on your
system. I just use this at the command prompt:

Aspell -c text_document.txt

A box opens with the text document, a list of replacement words (vertical)
and a list of options.
David O'Brien
2016-12-02 05:16:07 UTC
Is there a way to have the suggested replacement words appear as a
vertical list instead of a white space seperated horizontal list?
I don't see anything in the man page or hlp that would affect this or any
other formatting feature. Am I missing something?
Thanks
XB
My list of replacement words are vertical. I am using ASpell - 0.50.3
However, The GNU Aspell has been complied, and I am using ASpell as a
native win32 application. Not sure if it will appear differently on your
Aspell -c text_document.txt
A box opens with the text document, a list of replacement words (vertical)
and a list of options.
Mine is much the same:

aspell-0.60.6.1-13.fc24.x86_64

aspell -c --mode=sgml <files>

I get two columns, offering replacement words and options.
--
David

"Of all things, I liked books best."
~ Nikola Tesla
Dan D.
2016-12-02 15:18:33 UTC
Hello,

When uncertain about a spelling, I'm using a small script to pipe a word
from the command line into:

echo word | aspell -a -t

This produces just the horizontal word list with no commands for visual
inspection. One is taken back to the command line without any command.

Almost always the correct spelling is the first word numbered as "0". If
it is not misspelled there is no list.

Using "echo" to put the word into a temp.file and then doing:

aspell -c file

Produces the vertical list with commands, misspelled or not. Depending on
the word, the correct spelling might be the numbered "1" choice or another
somewhere in the list. A command is required to return to the commandline.

Thanks
XB
Bill Crockett
Is there a way to have the suggested replacement words appear as a
vertical list instead of a white space seperated horizontal list?
I don't see anything in the man page or hlp that would affect this or any
other formatting feature. Am I missing something?
Thanks
I think it is beyond the scope of Aspell. I could not find any options to
do this. Using the -a to pipe goes into Ispell compatibility mode. Not
sure if this causes it to not use the Aspell GUI. The author's contact is
in the man pages may help.