[Aspell-user] How to ignore content of certain DocBook tags?
David O'Brien
2016-09-04 02:16:52 UTC
Using aspell-0.60.6.1-10.fc22.x86_64

I use the following to spell check my DocBook XML files:

find . -name *.xml -exec aspell -c --mode=sgml '{}' \;

I would like to configure aspell to ignore the contents of <screen> tags
(and possibly also other block tags in the future). Is this possible?

Thanks
--
David

"Why use two words when one will do?"
Thomas Jefferson
Kevin Atkinson
2016-09-04 02:44:25 UTC
Post by David O'Brien
Using aspell-0.60.6.1-10.fc22.x86_64
find . -name *.xml -exec aspell -c --mode=sgml '{}' \;
I would like to configure aspell to ignore the contents of <screen> tags
(and possibly also other block tags in the future). Is this possible?
Yes using the sgml-skip option.

Please see
http://aspell.net/man-html/Notes-on-Various-Filters-and-Filter-Modes.html

You would want something like:
find . -name *.xml -exec aspell -c --mode=sgml --add-sgml-skip=screen '{}' \;

Regards,
Kevin
David O'Brien
2016-09-04 03:24:15 UTC
Post by Kevin Atkinson
Post by David O'Brien
Using aspell-0.60.6.1-10.fc22.x86_64
find . -name *.xml -exec aspell -c --mode=sgml '{}' \;
I would like to configure aspell to ignore the contents of <screen> tags
(and possibly also other block tags in the future). Is this possible?
Yes using the sgml-skip option.
Please see
http://aspell.net/man-html/Notes-on-Various-Filters-and-Filter-Modes.html
find . -name *.xml -exec aspell -c --mode=sgml --add-sgml-skip=screen '{}' \;
Regards,
Kevin
That's it, thank you~!

I was poking around in that doc but missed that bit obviously :(

Thanks again :)
--
David

"He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains
a fool forever."
~ Chinese proverb